Goa Panchayat Election results 2017: The results of Goa Panchayat ELection 2017 will be announced today. The counting started this morning. Polling for the election of new bodies in all 186 panchayats of the state took place on Sunday. The 186 panchayat bodies of the tourist state consist of 1,450 wards, out of which 540 have been reserved for scheduled caste/scheduled tribe (SC/ST) and other backward class (OBC) candidates. Apart from this, 490 wards were reserved for women including 323 in the General category. As many as 5,297 candidates were in fray for the panchayati elections and over 7.49 lakh people were eligible to cast their votes on Sunday.
Here are the highlights of Goa Panchayat Election results 2017:
- In Sanvordem, four BJP-backed candidates, four candidates backed by Deepak Pawaskar and an Independent, have won.
- In Canacona-Khotigao and Agonda, Congress MLA Isidore backed all seven panchayat members have won.
- In Sristhal – BJP and Congress have won three seats each. One Independent has also won.
- In Borim, the independent panel of 11 candidates has won the panchayat election.
- In Chodan-Madel panchayat, nine independent candidates have won.
- In Sakhali constituency, candidates backed by BJP MLA Pramod Sawant have won Velguem, Surla, Amona, Navelim, Kudnem panchayats
- Candidates fielded by Martha Saldanha have won in all nine wands with a good margin, according to Herald Goa. After the win, Martha says her team will work with MLA Alina Saldanha for development.
- All candidates fielded by AAP leader Olencio Simoes lose in Cansaulim-Arossim-Cuelim.
- Candidates supported by BJP minister Pandurang Madkaikar win 7 out of nine wards in Carambolim panchayat.
- St Andre MLA Francis Silvera loses Goa Velha panchayat to Goa Velha Front with close margin of 5 vs 4, tweets Herald Goa.
- Nine candidates supported by Mauvin Godinho have won in the 11 member-Chicalim Panchayat.
- Francis Silvera has swept Batim panchayat by winning all four wards.
- Vishwajit P Rane has swept Dongurli Thane Panchayat.
- Herald Goa reports that Vishwajit Pratapsingh Rane has sweeps Honda Panchayat.
- Congress has swept St Lawrence panchayat by winning all 11 seats.
- Sitting sarpanch of Colva and Benaulim re-elected.
- Sitting sarpanch of Siridao has won along with his panel.
- Winners in Chicolna-Bogmalo VP: Ward 1- Inacio Figueiredo, Ward2 – Jagannath Mahale, Ward 3- Virginia Rodriguez, Ward 4-Lorena Fernandez, Ward 5-Claudio D’cruz, Ward 6-Laxman Kavlekar, Ward 7-Arun Naik
- Winners in Chicalim: Ward-1, Maria Mascarenhas, Ward-2- Ana Maria Azaredo, Ward-3 Robert Flaco, Ward-4 Kamla Yadav Ward-5 Ruchi Bandivadekar, Ward-6 Shivaji Kurade, Ward-7 Suresh Mayekar, Ward-8 Sanifa DcostaWard-9 Yuvraj Volvoikar, Ward 10 – Sebastiao Pereira, Ward 11- Pedro Damiao Rodriguez
- Babu Azgaonkar-supported canddiates have won in Amera-Khajne-Porascadem and Dhargal.
- Winners in Chicolna-Bogmalo have said they would work under guidance of BJP leader and Goa Panchayat minister Mauvin Godinho.
- Jagannath Mahale (22) defeats AAP Dabolim Assembly candidate Vasant Naik. He is the youngest winner in all panchayats of Mormugao taluka.
- Winners in Cortalim: Ward-1 Anita Kenkre, Ward-2 Senia Barreto Pereira, Ward-3- Raymond Desa, Ward-4- Manuel Silva, Ward-5 Edociana Rodriguez, Ward -6- Augustinho Menezes, Ward-7 Francisco C Mendes, Ward -8- Angela Furtado, Ward-9 Pratap Naik, Ward-10 Anthony Fernandez, Ward-11 Santano da gama
- Goa Barge Owners Association President (GBOA) led panel has won three seats out of four they had contested. Zila Parishad member Antonio Vas supported panel has won on two seats. BJP has also won two.
- Winners in Calangute panchayat: Ward 1 Cheryl Vilanova Lobo, Ward 2 Rupa Chodankar, Ward 3 Sudhesh Mayekar, Ward 4 Antony Menezes, Ward 5 Puja Matkar, Ward 6 Gabbi Fernandes, Ward 7 Fransico Rodrigues, Ward 8 Jaynath Parulekar, Ward 9 Dinesh Simipurushkar, Ward 10 Shown Martin, Ward 11 Salozin Fernandes.
- Fatorpa panchayat of Quepem, Sanzil D’Costa has won with four others even as Babu Kavlekar has swept the polls all ovr Quepem.
- Winners in Quelossim panchayat: Ward -1 Deepa Naik, Ward-2- Filomena Figueiredo, Ward-3 Maria Colaco, Ward -4 Rigel Tavares, Ward-5- Sebastiao Serrao, Ward -6 Cynthia Silva, Ward -7- Ezbon D Souza .
- In Ward no. 1 of Quelossim VP, Deepa Naik has wons with one postal vote which her own son (government servant) had cast. She defeated Salvador Fernandez .
- Winners in Velsao-Pale-Issorcim: Ward-1- Christopher Barretto, Ward-2-Ashok Souza, Ward 3- Branda Teodosio, Ward-4 Silvia D Souza, Ward-5 Santan Lukas, Ward -6 Henriques Demello, Ward-7 Nandita Dayal
- In Sanguem Curdi panchayat, panel led by Independent MLA Prasad Gaonkar has won.
- In Marcaim constituency, Vadi-Talaulim panchayat, five out of seven panch members backed by MGP MLA Sudin Dhavlikar have won.
- In Sattari, three sarpanchas have been defeated: Urmila Maienkar (Onda), Vishant Babar (Gulelim) & Ankita Gawas (Thane). In Kalay, five anti-Ganesh (BJP) candidates have been elected. They were supported by MGP MLA Pavaskar. Other 2 elected are BJP-backed.
- In Darghal, MLA Babu Azgaonkar has won eight of the nine seats and in Casne-Amberem-Porascadem, all seven seats. Meanwhile in Kale – Sanguem, five candidates backed by Deepak Pawaskar have won. Two Independent candidates have also won in the seven member panchayat.
- In Valpoi constituency, all four panchayats have been won by BJP, backed by Vishwajit P Rane.
- In Poriem constituency, Congress backed by Pratapsingh Rane has won 7 out of 8 panchayats. 8th panchayat was won by BJP.
- In Pale-Siridao in St. Andre Constituency panel led by ex-Sarpanch Antonio Afonso has won five panchayats out of seven.
- Rohan Khaunte, the independent candidate from Porvorim, has managed to get his panel victorious. They have won all nine seats in Salvador-do-Mundo including three unopposed panch members.
- Congress MLA Francis Silvera-backed panel has won all the 11 seats in Agassaim.
- Congress MLA Subhash Shirodkar-backed Bethora-Nirancal-Codar Panchayat panel has won 7 out of 11 seats. The Uday Naik panel has swept all seven seats in Batim (Sanguem).
- Panel supported by BJP MLA Pandurang Madkaikar, who was earlier with the Congress, has won Carambolim Panchayat. Seven of the nine wards have been won by his panel.
- In Poriem, the Congress-backed panel has swept the Thane panchayat. All nine candidates have won. Poriem is represented by Congress’ Pratpsing Rane in the state Assembly.
- In Bhironda panchayat, panel supported by MLA Vishwajeet Rane panel has swept. All seven of his candidates have won. Rane had switched sides from the Congress to the BJP. Calangute MLA Michael Lobo’s panel has swept the Parra panchayat with six panch members. One independent candidate has also won.
The Goa State Election Commission had announced the panchayati elections 2017 in Goa on May 15. The election commission had made elaborate security arrangements and around 6,500 policemen were deployed for guarding the 1,246 polling booths where votes would be polled through ballot paper, according to PTI. The State Election had identified around 70 polling booths as sensitive, hypersensitive and critical.
The Panchayati election took place around three months after the Assembly elections in the state in which BJP formed a surprise government even after winning less number of seats as compared to the Congress. Not only this, then Union Defence minister Manohar Parrikar resigned and moved to Goa to take oath as the chief minister of the state. Unlike Congress, the BJP had managed to win over crucial allies to become eligible to form the government. At Centre, Parrikar was replaced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who continues to hold both portfolios.
Even as the Goa panchayat election is not fought on party symbols, political parties, including BJP and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) have fielded their candidates, or extended support to some.
(To be updated)