According to local TV news reports, a major fire broke out on the fourth floor of Oberon Mall in Kochi. This happened at 12 PM today and people were in a state of panic during the evacuation process but no casualties were reported. The cause has not been ascertained but local TV reports suggest that it began from the food court – which is located on the fourth floor and that this may have been a reason for the sudden fire break out at the mall.
As of now, the entire building reportedly is filled with smoke but swift intervention by concerned authorities and several units of the fire force have helped to evacuate people on time.
Smoke has filled the building and people are not able to see anything as the visibility is low. From the ground, water is being pumped to spray onto the fourth floor of the building. People have been asked to stay out of the mall premises. Firemen, who are not wearing masks have been told to stay out, as per local TV reports.
More details are awaited.