1. DTC has improved performance after AAP took over: Arvind Kejriwal

DTC has improved performance after AAP took over: Arvind Kejriwal

Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has claimed that the performance of Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has improved since his government has taken over the charge.

By: | Published: September 1, 2015 8:21 AM

Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has claimed that the performance of Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has improved since his government has taken over the charge.

Addressing employees of the corporation at an award function here, Kejriwal said the income of the DTC, which was earlier a loss-making body, has increased by “23 lakh every day.”

According to Kejriwal, the AAP government is also planning to provide wi-fi facility inside the buses.

“DTC buses ferry 35 lakh people every day in the national capital while Metro ferries 32 lakh passengers. DTC is serving the people of Delhi in day and in night. DTC operates 9 lakh kms,” he said.

At the function, the staff of ten depots were awarded by the chief minister. The best performing depots which received the award are — Ghazipur Depot, Millennium Depot-IV, Hari Nagar Depot-I, Hari Nagar Depot -II, BBM Depot-I, Nangloi Depot, Ghummanhere Depot, Wazirpur Depot, Ambedkar Nagar Depot and Rohini Depot-IV.

He said that in August, 85 per cent of buses came out of the depots in the morning shift, leaving only 15 per cent of them off the roads.

Similarly, 75 per cent of buses went on roads while 25 per cent buses did not come on roads in the evening shift which is a problem that can be rectified.

“I hope that in the coming days, DTC will take the numbers from 85 per cent to 95 per cent in the morning shift and the numbers of 75 per cent can also be improved,” he said.

He said that this is very good initiative to encourage the employees of DTC and congratulated both Transport Minister Gopal Rai and DTC’s Managing Director C R Garg for introducing such a scheme.

“Since the DTC has announced that it will felicitate its employees for their best performance, it has been earning 23 lakh more every day,” he also claimed.

Earlier, one DTC bus would earn Rs 5,681 daily, but it has now been increased to Rs 6,200 every day with an increase of Rs 521 per bus. In the past, DTC buses used to earn less than the the income of cluster buses. But, in the month of August, the earning of DTC has been increased in comparison to cluster buses which is not a small thing, he added.

“I want to request DTC’s MD to introduce suggestion scheme through which it can seek suggestions of its staff on how to improve the performance of the corporation,” Kejriwal further said.

Transport Minister Gopal Rai said that since the Aam Aadmi Party’s coming to power, Delhi has started performing well.

  1. No Comments.

Go to Top