US President Donald Trump on Tuesday tore into Pakistan over its stand on the issue of counter-terrorism. In an address to the nation over US’ war policy on Afghanistan, Trump emphasized that Pakistan and India are nuclear armed states whose tense relations threaten to spiral into conflict. In a stern message to Pakistan, Trump categorically said that Pakistan has much to gain from partnering in America’s effort in Afghanistan. He has warned Islamabad that it has much to lose in continuing to harbour terrorists and criminals. Earlier, Pakistan’s military had asserted that the country has done all it can to tackle militancy and terrorism. “There is no organised infrastructure of any terrorist organisation in Pakistan,” a Pakistani military spokesman said, according to media reports
Here are 5 hard-hitting jibes that President Trump took at Pakistan
1. President Donald Trump said that people in Pakistan have suffered from terror, but at same time Pakistan has been safe haven for terrorists.
2. In a strong message, President Trump said, “It’s time for Pakistan to demonstrate its commitment to fight terror.”
WATCH- Donald Trump speaking about Pakistan and terrorism
President Trump: “We can no longer be silent about Pakistan’s safe havens for terrorist organizations” http://t.co/gwBShCxvS1
— CNN (@CNN) August 22, 2017
3. President Trump slammed Islamabad, said Pakistan often gives safe havens to agents of chaos, violence and terror.
4. In an unprecedented jibe, Trump said, “We can no longer be silent about Pakistan’s safe havens to terrorist organisations, the Taliban and other groups that pose a threat to the region and beyond.
5. President Trump said no partnership can survive a country’s harbouring of militants. He said that it’s time for Pakistan to demonstrate commitment to civilization, order and peace.