The Aam Admi Party (AAP) Government in Delhi has today presented its third budget since coming to power in 2015. While presenting the budget Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manis Sisodia, who also holds finance portfolio listed a number of steps, the the city government undertook since last one year. During his budget speech, the deputy chief minister said that providing electricity at half prices, 20,000 ltr free water has made public economically strong. While stressing that the Delhi Governmenthas encouraged the public-private partnership in health sector, he said that 26 lakh people of Delhi are utilising the benefits of 110 Mohalla Clinics.
Highlights of his speech
* Delhi’s Per Capita Income grew from Rs.2,73,618 in 2015-16 to Rs. 3,03,073 in 2016-17.
* Despite Demonetisation, Delhi’s GSDP has increased from Rs. 551963 Cr last year to Rs. 622385 Cr this year.
*Development work for Barahpula phase-3 and Metro Phase-3 is going on in full swing.
*Delhi govt has started providing drinking tap water on pilot basis in 11 zones of Delhi Jal Board.
* Delhi govt has started providing drinking tap water on pilot basis in 11 zones of Delhi Jal Board.
*Providing electricity at half prices, 20,000 ltr free water has made public economically strong.
*Delhi Govt has started providing education loan of upto 10 lakh (Collateral-free) to financially weak students.
*Delhi’s world class skill centre has been providing remarkable skill training to more than 1000 students.
* 9 vocational colleges has been shown green signal which resulted in addition of 2700 seats for higher education.
* Renowned Institutions like IITs, IIMs are helping us in improving the level of education.
* Principles of schools were sent to Cambridge university to get training in the field of education.
*AAP Govt has taken a historic step by increasing the salary of Guest lecture from Rs.17000-Rs.21000 to Rs.32000-Rs.34000.
* Delhi govt ordered the audit of private schools. This resulted excess fee refund by more than 650 schools.
* Keeping transparency in admission of 25% reserved category for EWS category has been the great achievement for AAP Govt.
*Regular skill courses such as Stitching, cooking, plumbing, beauty care is being provided by Delhi Gov night shelters.
*Delhi Government has started the development of 10 new world class night shelters for homeless people.
*Delhi Government has increased the pension for handicapped people and widow women from Rs.1,500 to Rs.2,500.