1. Anurag Kashyap-Modi row: Bollywood has always been anti-national, alleges singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya

Anurag Kashyap-Modi row: Bollywood has always been anti-national, alleges singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya

Even as filmmaker Anurag Kashyap was trolled on Twitter from several social media users on Sunday, singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya during a Television interview asked how could the former tag the PM in his tweet and drag him into it.

By: | New Delhi | Updated: October 17, 2016 4:31 PM
What Anurag Kashyap did was not needed, as the prime minister is a leader of te country and not of a political party, says Abhijeet Bhattacharya. What Anurag Kashyap did was not needed, as the prime minister is a leader of te country and not of a political party, says Abhijeet Bhattacharya.

Even as filmmaker Anurag Kashyap was trolled on Twitter from several social media users on Sunday, singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya during a Television interview asked how could the former tag the PM in his tweet and drag him into it.

Pointing out that what Anurag Kashyap did was not needed, as the prime minister is a leader of the country and not of a political party, he asked why some people are dragging him into such small things.

Speaking on what another well-known filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt had said, Abhijeet Bhattacharya said that even while the Bollywood was not divided earlier, but it is now. On one side is 10 percent and on the other is 90 percent, which is hypocrite. Suggesting himself among 10 percent, the singer said more than the support from people, the support from the people of the country is more important, the news channel News X has quoted him as saying.

He also alleged that Bollywood is known for anti-national comments.They only make ‘desh bhakti’ films to earn money.

Earlier on Sunday night, questioning Anurag Kashyap, who had suggested in a tweet on Sunday that Prime Minister Narendra Modi should also apologise for his Lahore trip last year to meet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on later’s birthday, Abhijeet Bhattacharya asked,”How dare you? For insignificant Pakistani artistes you are questioning PM, you have fallen so low? You Pak lovers will not be spared.”

The whole controversy had begun after Cinema Owners Exhibitors Association of India (COEAI) decided to block the release of Karan Johar’s ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ in screen theatres in four states Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Goa as the film has Pakistani actor Fawad Khan in its star-cast.

After the Uri attack, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena had threatened that they would not allow the release of movies having Pakistani actors in it.

Please Wait while comments are loading...

Go to Top