It was a shocking incident for locals as a local BJP leader – Gajendra Bhati – was killed in Ghaziabad. The murder took place in Ghaziabad’s Khora colony. According to a report in news agency PTI, Gajendra Bhati was killed and his friend injured when unidentified assailants fired at them this afternoon in Ghaziabad’s Khora colony, police said. Here are series of events which led to Gajendra Bhati’s death:-
– Gajendra Bhati and his friend Balbir Singh Chouhan were on a motorcycle in Khora colony
– The two bike-borne attackers came near them
– The attackers opened fire, according to City Superintendent of Police Arun Kumar Singh said.
– Gajendra Bhati and his friend Balbir Singh Chouhan were rushed to a private hospital in neighbouring Noida
– At the hospital, doctors pronounced Bhati dead on arrival
– Bhati’s friend Chouhan, who was critically injured, is undergoing treatment in the hospital.
– On receiving information about the incident, Bhati’s supporters reached the hospital in large number
After the incident, heavy police force has been deployed outside the hospital to prevent any untoward incident. An investigation is underway in the matter.