At the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national meet in Allahabad, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday exhorted BJP party workers to preserve the massive goodwill the party received in 2014 till the next general elections – ‘Mission 2019’. Here is all you need to know in 10 points:
1. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah trained his guns on the state’s Samajwadi Party government and raised the issue of alleged “migration” of Hindus from Kairana, in Shamli district, and the recent Mathura violence.
2. PM Narendra Modi, addressing a meeting of party office bearers in Allahabad before the official inauguration of the party’s meet said: “The need of the hour is to preserve the massive goodwill that the party got in 2014, like a monsoon downpour.”.
3. Reminding party leaders of ‘Mission UP’ and the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, Modi said the party needs to preserve 11 crore of its party members as “voters” by involving them with social initiatives and campaigns of the BJP government.
4. Modi gave tips to party leaders to change in accordance with technology, time and age, keeping in mind the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh which are due next year.
5. Amit Shah targetted the Samajwadi Party and the Congress in his speech. He attacked the SP government over the “atmosphere of violence” in Uttar Pradesh. “The incident at Kairana where a large number of people are migrating is very unfortunate. The Mathura violence was also very unfortunate. The SP government has been unable to control the situation,” Shah said in his presidential address. “There is no peace. Here, the atmosphere is of violence and the state government has failed to control all these,” the Bharatiya Janata Party president said.
6. Amit Shah also directed his ire against the Congress, saying its politics of obstructionism had become the hallmark of the main opposition party in the last two years. This is also the reason for the weakening of the Congress, Shah maintained.
7. “While there was policy paralysis in the Congress-led government, our government has made progress with clear policy decisions — where policy decisions are taken by the political leadership and the executive implements them,” Shah said. “The previous government was marred by policy paralysis. Our government has been a decisive government that has ended a lot of dilemmas of the previous regime,” he said.
8. The BJP president pointed out that the two years of the Modi government have been corruption-free. He also asserted that the NDA government’s two years have been exceptionally good and a lot has been achieved. “This year, two important things have happened. First, our government, led by Narendra Modi, at the Centre has completed two years. And second, the performance of the Bharatiya Janata Party has been very good in the state assembly elections,” he said. “From Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Kutch to Guwahati, the BJP is expanding,” he said.
9. Shah said: “The Congress-led UPA government was in a dilemma whether rural development should take precedence over urban development. Whether there should be reforms or social welfare? Our government has overcome all such dilemmas by striking a fine balance between rural and urban development, reforms and social welfare and issues of governance.”.
10. Amit Shah referred to the top civilian honours accorded to Modi by two prominent Islamic countries, Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan, in a clear message to Muslims who continue to be wary of BJP due to its Hindutva agenda.