Two days after the Indian Express reported that Rajnish Rai, CRPF IG, North East Sector filed a report claiming that CRPF, Assam Police, Army and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) killed two men in cold blood in an alleged encounter, locals have also claimed that it was fake. IE had reported that Rai’s report, dated April 17, stated that the two men were picked up from a house in D-Kalling village and were killed in cold blood in Simlaguri area. The CRPF IG has asked for an investigation into the encounter. The CRPF IG also said that the forces planted weapons on the bodies of the two slain men, according to an Indian Express report.
Binu Basumatary from whose house the two men were taken away by the army says that the duo reached their house on the night of March 29. Basumatary told Indian Express that, ”They arrived at our house after we had dinner, they only wanted to sleep at our place and did not want anything to eat. My husband allowed them in as he knew Lukas Narzary because he was from the next river”.
Binu told the Indian Express that, ”We heard loud knocks on our door an hour later. As we came out we saw that our house has been surrounded by soldiers”. Binu added that the soldiers tied the hands of the duo along with my son. Binu claims she had to beg the soldiers to leave their son, to which the soldier complied.
Binu claims that the next morning she heard the news that two men were killed in an encounter. Binu added, ”We later learned that the the two men who were killed in the encounter had been arrested from our house”.
Binu along with her husband have moved to her brother-in-law’s house where her husband Ranjit suffered a mild stroke and has been paralysed on his left side, according to the Indian Express.