A court in Egypt has yet again delayed the announcement of the verdict in the retrial of three Al-Jazeera journalists previously convicted of aiding the banned Muslim Brotherhood.
According to the BBC, the journalists were told, at a hearing today, that the verdict would be delayed until August 29.
Canadian-Egyptian Mohamed Fahmy, Egyptian Baher Mohamed and Australian Peter Greste were sentenced to ten years in prison in June 2014.
Their convictions for spreading false news were overturned on appeal and they were released on bail in February.
Greste, who was deported to Australia and was due to be tried in absentia, described the move as ‘incredibly frustrating’.
Mohamed Fahmy was also seen disappointed on being told by court officials that there will be no sessions today.
The journalists have vigorously denied collaborating with the Muslim Brotherhood, which is considered to be a terrorist group that was outlawed in Egypt after the army overthrew President Mohamed Morsi in 2013.
According to campaign group Reporters Without Borders, there are currently 139 journalists imprisoned around the world, including 10 in Egypt.