Making a bid to woo Delhities, Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday released its manifesto that made a host of promises including cheap electricity, free wi-fi, free lifeline water, women security and Jan Lokpal Bill.
Here are the 7 key highlights from AAP’s manifesto:
1) Full statehood to Delhi: This would bring police and ‘law and order’ under the control of Delhi government from central government.
2) Electricity, Water and Sanitation: Electricity bill will be halved, 700 litres of free water will be given to each household and a comprehensive sanitation, sewage and solid management plant for every living establishment in Delhi.
3) Education system: 500 new schools, 20 new colleges will be opened, transparency in Nursery and KG admission and a tab on school free structure.
4) Healthcare: Healthcards, free ambulance, eradication of Dengue and a 24 hour helpline will be provided to Delhi residents.
5) Women’s right and safety: Adequate street lighting, CCTVs in public space including buses and setting up of Woman’s security force among other measurements.
6) Wifi City: Delhi will be made a wi-fi city with free access to all residents.
7) Jan Lokpal bill: AAP has once again resolved to pass Jan Lokpal bill that would put all public officials, including Chief Minsters, Ministers and MLAs, under that purview of investigation.