In a dramatic second press briefing held earlier today, suspended Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kapil Mishra claimed that money was funneled into AAP through shell firms, these firms turned black money into white. He made other allegations against party supremo Arvind Kejriwal too. The BJP reacted to the allegations by saying that the Delhi chief minister should resign forthwith while social activist Anna Hazare said that an honest man should not be afraid of a probe’. Here are the 10 key developments that have taken place till now in the case from the beginning:
1) Aam Aadmi Party sacked Delhi Cabinet Minister Kapil Mishra. Mishra claimed he was sacked from the post of Delhi Jal Board Chief because he named party leaders in the water tanker scam.
2) Kapil Mishra went to Raj Ghat and leveled the first set of startling corruption revelations against the Delhi Chief Minister. Mishra demanding Kejriwal’s resignation and also began an indefinite hunger strike.
3) Mishra had told the media that he saw Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal accept Rs 2 crore from PWD Minister Satyendra Jain.
4) Kapil Mishra demanded that Aam Aadmi Party release the foreign travel details of five leaders from the party. Mishra claims that the AAP govt will topple if the party releases the travel details. Mishra is seeking travel details of Satyendra Jain, Raghav Chadha, Sanjay Singh, Durgesh Pathak and Ashish Khetan.
You can also watch
5) Anti-Corruption Branch of the Delhi Police recorded Kapil Mishra’s statement. Kapil Mishra had alleged that Kejriwal had influenced the probe into a Rs 400 crore tanker scam.
6) AAP leader Sanjeev Jha attempted to start a counter-hunger strike outside Kapil Mishra’s official residence. Police detained and later released Jha.
7) Kapil Mishra calls a press conference and accused Delhi CM Kejriwal and members of the Aam Aadmi Party of laundering money and financial irregularities and leading the Election Commission and Income-Tax dept astray on party accounts.
8) Kapil Mishra who has been on a hunger strike for a few days collapsed during the press conference in which he accused the Delhi CM Kejriwal of financial wrongdoing. Mishra has been admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital. Medics say that he is mostly dehydrated.
9) AAP claims that Kapil Mishra’s allegations are false and that Mishra is acting on BJP’s behest. BJP through a tweet has demanded Kejriwal’s resignation.
You can also watch
10) Hours after Kapil Sharma’s accusations AAP spokesperson Sudhir Bhardwaj in a tweet said that AAP MLAs Shiv Charan Goyal and Naresh Yadav will file a criminal & civil defamation case against Mishra.