Rejecting corruption allegations against party chief Arvind Kejriwal in totality, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday said that Kapil Mishra’s claims are a result of his frustration after losing his ministerial berth in in the Delhi government. The AAP in turn mounted an attack against its own leader Mishra and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in a press meet today. AAP leader Sanjay Singh said that Mishra’s allegations are a ‘bunch of lies’. Singh also attacked the BJP for trusting Mishra’s claims. Singh reminded that the same Kapil Mishra had made grave allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “It is the same Kapil Mishra who claimed that PM Narendra Modi is an agent of Pakistan’s ISI,” he said. However, the most fiery part of the accusations were saved for its own leader who was once feted for his clean image and gung-ho attitude.
Here are the 5 attacks AAP mounted against Kapil Mishra and Bharatiya Janata Party:
1) “People are mocking at Kapil Mishra’s claims, they are asking if Arvind Kejriwal called and asked him to witness receiving the bribe from Satyender Jain,” Sanjay Singh said.
2) “All the allegations made against Kejriwal are baseless, he has said that Kejriwal took money, can he give us some details? Can he tell which relative’s land deal was taking place at Kejriwal’s residence?” he added.
3) “Making allegation against Kejriwal shows the huff of Kapil Mishra after losing the ministerial change,” Sanjay Singh said. He added background to his attack by saying, “If BJP trusts Mishra’s claims that Kejriwal accepted a bribe of Rs 2 crores, it should also trust his earlier claim of PM Narendra Modi being an ISI agent.”
4) “The entire Kapil Mishra episode is nothing but a dirty game and it is part of larger conspiracy. This has been done to choke the voice of the party as it has emerged as opposition to the Centre,” Sanjay Singh said.
5) Indicating that the BJP is using Mishra to detablise AAP, Singh said that the saffron party is doing the task to choke democracy across the country. “They did the same thing in Goa, Manipur, and Arunachal Pradesh. Now, they are doing it in Delhi as well,” Singh concluded.