Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today said his government has decided to withdraw the notification issued by the trade and taxes department that prescribes a new form.
He, however, said the Delhi government will introduce Delhi Sugam-1 (DS-1) form again in a revised format after consultation with the city’s traders.
The notification, which was to become effective from June 1 prescribed to make it mandatory for traders to provide prior information about all goods being sent outside the national capital.
The AAP government’s move came after a delegation of traders met Kejriwal at Delhi Secretariat here and raised their concern about the notification.
As per the notification, every trader is liable to give 17 details in a prescribed format for each invoice, which will allegedly increase the workload of the traders.
“Several traders were agitated against DS-1 form. DS-1 form is withdrawn. It wud be introduced later after simplification n consultations,” Kejriwal tweeted.
An official of the trade and taxes department, however, said the decision to introduce DS-1 form had been taken to plug tax evasion.
Later in the day, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said that they have fulfilled the demand of traders body but will revise the form as it is important for tax collection in the national capital.