Full Coverage: Retail FDI row
Parliament support for FDI in retail pushed up the prices of most American Depository Receipts (ADRs).
- FDI in retail marks the first of a series of policy decisions where the states from now will have to decide how they want to run with the issues
- In the medium-term there are several benefits of FDI in retail to the economy
- Govt expressed confidence it will muster numbers in Rajya Sabha also to defeat Oppn motion.
- 'She (Swaraj) nether read nor understood the November 4 speech delivered by Sonia Gandhi.'
- BJP leader says despite having written to PM Manmohan Singh, RS business is being disturbed.
- Investor protection has been ensured in FDI, whoever comes to power at Centre, says govt.
- 'History will not pardon them if they sided with govt despite opposing during nationwide protest.'
- Both BSP, SP have kept govt on tenterhooks by keeping their cards close to their chests on voting.
- Samajwadi Party chief vehemently objects to FDI in retail and has appealed to govt to roll it back.
- The demand for separate discussion and voting was raised by BJP leader Yashwant Sinha.
- FDI in multi-brand retail: Confident of RS numbers too
- Government tabled in Lok Sabha amendments in the Foreign Exchange Management Act to allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
- The amendments are necessary to enable the government to notify the policy on FDI in retail
- * All eyes now on the second quarter GDP data to be released today
- With the government agreeing to the demand for discussion on FDI in retail trade under a provision that will entail voting in both houses of Parliament to break the logjam
- With Speaker allowing discussion, Oppn got what it wanted and govt a chance to make a telling point.
- Just as it got its numbers strategy for Parliament in place, Manmohan's govt receives a shock.
- Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj has assured smooth functioning of the House.
- Government has given enough hints that it has no problem over a vote on the issue.