Full Coverage: IPL auction
101 players go under hammer, Mumbai Indians likely to loosen their purse strings for Oz captain.
- BCCI has rejected outright Sahara's demand for 6 foreign players in franchise Pune Warriors.
- Gavaskar says it when it was known that Sahara India is pulling out, BCCI could have postponed auction.
- With cameras, cell phones and autograph books sticking out like periscopes, many dozens fans waited for the Indian cricket team outside the plush Langham Hotel in downtown Melbourne.
- All-rounder is bought by CSK in a tie-breaker after bidding war with Deccan Chargers hits $2mn cap; 25 players sold in all
- The Indian cricket team’s longstanding sponsor, Sahara India, cut off ties with BCCI and also withdrew its IPL team, Pune Warriors
- Mumbai Indians, however, lost Muttiah Muralitharan to Royal Challengers Bangalores in the auction.
- Here's the list of players bought by the franchises at the IPL auction.
- Bought by Kochi for $95,000 in IPL 4, Jadeja could potentially attract a bid over $1.2 mn.
- Chennai Super Kings kicked off online ticket sales through its official website for the team's matches.
- Gautam Gambhir may get just Rs 8 cr of the Rs 11 cr that he was promised.
- Royal Challengers owner backed Mumbai Indians in its fight against the alleged rigging of IPL 4 auction.
- In the IPL 4 auction, amongst bowlers, Johan Botha is most expensive on cost per wicket parameter.
- Guru Nair wanted to know whether auctioning of humans was permissible under the law of the land.
- Rajasthan have retained all rounder Abhishek Raut and pacer Aditya Dole in their team for the IPL-4 season commencing on April 8.
- Royal Challengers owner said he 'kept a little back' to secure the Kiwi spinner amid auction frenzy.
- Sourav Ganguly, humiliatingly ignored by IPL, was a victim of "dirty politics", a WB minister said.
- The son of a woodcutter, Kamran Khan was signed up by Rajasthan last season for $24,000.
- Dravid, these boys will make a mark for themselves and Rajasthan at the international level, the RCA secretary added.
- "We are very happy with the players we got and the team we have as of now."