In an unfortunate event, a well known model-actress from Bengal Sonika Chauhan passed away in a car accident on Saturday afternoon. According to the news agency PTI, Sonika was in a SUV with actor Vikram Chatterjee when they met with an accident in south Kolkata on Saturday morning. Both the celebrities were rushed to a hospital by the locals. While Vikram was injured in the event and admitted to the hospital, Sonika was declared dead on arrival. Here are few facts about the model:
– Sonika was a well known model in India’s fashion circuit. She was popular in Kolkata as well as in Mumbai.
– She used to host a popular prime-time show on a national channel while Vikram was a participant on Bigg Boss Bangla.
– The 28-year-old actor also tried her hands in anchoring and was one of the hosts of Pro Kabaddi league.
– Hailing from La Martiniere Girls school, Sonika was part of the 2013 Miss Diva competition.
– She won the miss popular award in the competition.
Here is an image of the car after the accident:
Vikram, on the other hand, whose last film Khoj (The Lost) had been screened in several film festivals, had also acted in ‘Elar Char Adhyay’ and ‘Ami Ar Amar Girlfriends’. According to the agency, UV mounted the pavement while trying to avoid an approaching car from a nearby lane and partially tilted on one side at around 4:30 am near Rashbehari Avenue crossing.
This news came as a shocker for many celebrities. Many Bengali film actors including Dev rushed to the hospital immediately after the news broke out and a friend director said Vikram was stable but in ICU.