In an unfortunate incident, Marathi actor Praful Bhalerao was killed in a train accident on Monday. The news was confirmed by the police which said that the mishap took place on Monday morning when the 22-year-old actor was on his way to Goregaon from Malad in the western suburbs. Another senior Police Inspector Shailendra Dhiwar, from Borivali Government Railway Police (GRP), revealed that the incident reportedly took place between 4:15 and 4:30 AM on Monday morning. The police found an iPhone next to Praful’s body which was used to contact his family members. In case you don’t know who is Praful Bhalerao, here are 5 facts you need to know about him:
1. Praful Bhalerao was known for his work in Marathi TV shows and movies. He shot to fame with his role in the popular TV series ‘Kunku’. He had also worked in a Marathi film, ‘Barayan’which released recently.
2. Apart from this, Bhalerao had also featured in Marathi serials like ‘Tu Majha Sangati’, ‘Nakushi’ and ‘Jyotiba Phule’. But, it was his role in ‘Kunku’ that made him a household name in Maharashtra.
3. His father revealed that Praful used to work with Just Dial in Malad and as a daily routine, after the night shift, used to take a Churchgate train from Malad station to home.
4. Praful reached the station at around 4:15 AM on Monday and while trying to catch a running Churchgate local from platform number two, he fell off the train and went on to hit a signal pole and sustained a head injury.
5. According to the police, he was seen was by the motorman approaching the train. Praful was lying near the tracks and the station master was informed immediately. An announcement was made at the station after which GRP personnel took the person to Ambedkar Hosptial, where he was declared brought dead.