Superstar Salman Khan birthday is today and the actor turned 50. Salman Khan, who is just off the mega success of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (a Rs 200 cr movie) has a lot to say about how he feels about reaching the half century mark. Here are top 5 things he said about his birthday:
1. Salman Khan: “I am turning 27. I think 27-year-old is the right age. I have always liked that age. It is always going to be 27.
2. Salman Khan: I am not scared about ageing. So what is there to be scared off. It is a part of my journey”.
3. Salman is the son of noted writer Salim Khan, and he made his debut with a supporting role in “Biwi Ho To Aisi”. His next release “Maine Pyar Kiya” directed by Sooraj Barjatya, gave his Bollywood career a much needed push.
4. Over the years, Salman Khan gained a great fan base courtesy films like “Hum Aapke Hain Koun”, “Karan Arjun”, “Biwi No.1”, “Hum Saath Saath Hain”, “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”, “Dabangg”, “Bodyguard”, “Ek Tha Tiger”, “Kick”, “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”.
5. Salman Khan, also addressed as ‘Bhaijaan’, is involved in humanitarian work and tries to help the underprivileged through his charity organization ‘Being Human’.
6. Salman Khan’s life has been marred by many controversies and legal troubles over his tumultuous relationships, hunting of the endangered Chinkara deer, and the 2002 hit-and-run case.
7. 2015 was a great year for Salman Khan, both personally and professionally. His performance in Kabir Khan-directed film ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ and Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ were appreciated and both the films went on to became huge box office successes.
8. On the personal front Salman had a major relief in 2015 in the form of Bombay High Court’s verdict in the 2002 hit-and-run case acquitting him of all charges.
9. Salman Khan was again caught in a controversy after he posted series of tweets suggesting 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon was innocent and should not be hanged for the acts of his brother Tiger. The actor later withdrew the tweets and apologized after criticism by his father Salim Khan.
10. Salman, whose love life has always made headlines is currently said to be dating Romanian girl Lulia Vantur, and is rumoured to be taking his relationship to next level by making it official sometime in 2016. Lulia also featured in Salman’s brother-in-law Atul Agnihotri’s home production film “O Teri” in 2014.