This year’s MTV Video Music Awards were nothing less than a drama flick full of emotions, glamour and action where Taylor Swift and Kanye West took over the limelight with many other singers and musicians.
Swift grabbed four Video Music Video Awards for Best Female Video, Best Pop Video, Video of the Year and Best Collaboration, West got the most prestigious Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award and Best Video With a Social Message Award.
On the other hand, American rock-band Fall Out Boy got the Best Rock Video Award for their track ‘Uma Thurman’ , Mark Ronson received Best Male Video Award for his track ‘Uptown Funk’ featuring Bruno Mars and Nicki Minaj was honoured with the Best Hip-Hop Video Award for her hit-track ‘Anaconda’.
Apart from this, newcomer Fetty Wap was named as the Artist to Watch for his song ‘Trap Queen’ and 5 Seconds of Summer’s ‘She’s Kinda Hot’ was the Song of Summer.
Here’s the list of other winners:
1. Best Direction: Kendrick Lamar for ‘Alright’
2. Best Art Direction: ‘So Many Pros’ by Snoop Dogg
3. Best Choreography: ‘I Won’t Let You Down’ by OK Go
4. Best Cinematography: Flying Lotus for ‘Never Catch Me’ ft. Kendrick Lamar
5. Best Editing: ‘7/11’ by Beyonce
6. Best Visual Effects: ‘Where Are U Now’ Skrillex and Diplo ft. Justin Bieber
The MTV’s 2015 Video Music Awards was held on August 30 at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles, California.