Malayalis are in a tizzy today because popular actors Dileep and Kavya Madhavan have tied the knot at a private ceremony this morning.
In an interesting “twist,” Dileep had sought blessings of his fans and supporters through…….Facebook Live! Yes, this is probably the first time a popular Malayali actor has used Facebook Live to announce his marriage and more importantly, to reveal why he has decided to marry Kavya Madhavan!
Actor Dileep said, “This is a big decision in my life. I had told you all earlier that if I marry, I will keep you informed. So, here it is. I am getting married and had wanted to do so for some time now. My daughter, my mother and friends have supported my decision. When I thought of getting married, I felt I should marry the person with whom my name has been linked most often…so I am marrying her today.”
Indeed, Dileep-Kavya marriage is a big decision and it also has implications for the film industry where not just because they work as actors but also Manju Warrier, Dileep’s first wife, is one of the most successful actors in the top league. While this is their personal decision to tie the knot, it has evoked many reactions on social media, where people are mostly happy for them and best wishes are pouring in for the couple through social media.
Noted film critic from the South Indian film industry, Sreedhar Pillai had confirmed that this time the news is real and not fake. He had even tweeted images of the wedding:
— Sreedhar Pillai (@sri50) November 25, 2016
— Rojin P Joseph (@i_rojin) November 25, 2016
Dileep-Kavya marriage has evoked considerable interest in the South Indian film industry and among Malayalis.
1. Dileep was first married to popular actress Manju Warrier in 1998. The couple have a daughter Meenakshi who lives with Dileep at his residence in Aluva.
2. Though Dileep was popularly paired with actress Kavya Madhavan and their relationship had been much speculated about, Kavya had got married in 2009. For a while, this silenced rumor mills but then she got divorced in 2011. The divorce turned ugly and messy, with Dileep’s name being dragged in and covered by the media.
3. At all times, Dileep denied any romantic link ups with Kavya Madhavan but they continued acting together thereafter and went on to do several films together.
4. Dileep’s first wife Manju Warrier is considered to be one of Malayalam cinema’s most popular actresses, especially after she made a come back after her divorce with Dileep. Rumor mills have attributed their break, linking it several times to Kavya Madhavan’s divorce but Manju Warrier has made no statements on this.
5. Across all TV and print interviews, Dileep had categorically ruled out marrying Kavya and had repeatedly stuck to his stand that his focus would be raising his daughter Meenakshi, not just as a father but also being her ”mother”.
Now that Malayalam cinema’s most popular couple Dileep and Kavya have tied the knot, all speculations about their relationship and have come to an end and Malayalis are tweeting their best wishes to the star couple.