This week’s release Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon marks the Bollywood debut of comedian Kapil Sharma, who became a household name after scripting an extremely successful stint on TV with his famous ‘Comedy Nights’. Here we present 5 points that will give you all the insight you need to know without actually watching the movie:
1. Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon starts off with the definition of ‘shaadi’ and the introduction of Kumar Shiv Ram Kishan aka Bholu (Kapil Sharma).
2. Aptly named Bholu, every time Kishan helps a girl (unmarried) in distress, he ends up marrying her – by the time the love of his life actually walks into his presence, he’s married to Juhi (Manjari Fadnis), Simran (Simran Kaur Mundi) and Anjali (Sai Lokur).
3. He successfully manages to hide his marriages from all three wives. This gets tricky after, on the advise of his close friend Karan (Varun Sharma), Kishan buys one flat for each wife in the same building. To all his wives, he explains his super busy schedule stating that he has three different ‘offices’ to be taken care of. He even names his different offices (read ‘wives’) on his mobile phone as ‘Head Office’, ‘Branch Office’ and ‘Area Office’.
4. The story takes a turn with the entry of Deepika aka ‘Enquiry Office’ (Elli Avram), the girl whom he really falls in love. Due to the fear of losing Deepika, Kumar Shiv Ram Kishan keeps her in the dark about his marriages.
5. Just when the duo (Kishan and Deepika) plan to get married, Kishan’s estranged parents (Sharat Saxena and Supriya Pathak) make an entry. In order to hide his three marriages from them, Kishan stations them separately with different wives on different floors. The plot gets murkier when all the three wives become best of friends (unaware that they ‘share’ the same husband). The confusion reaches its zenith when Kishan’s three wives get invited to their best friend Deepika’s wedding.
Climax: Will the three wives ever get to know the truth and their husband’s philandering? Will Kishan’s estranged parents unite again? Will Deepika and Kishan ever get married? Will Kishan be exposed? This is what forms the rest of the story.