The iconic Ice Age movie is back with all its old and lovable characters Manny, Ellie, Diego, Sid, Peaches and Julian in tow. It is going to be another exhilarating visual overload and we are providing the readers with a sneak peek preview of sorts. It has been entertaining us since 2002 and the fun is not likely to stop any time soon. For the uninitiated, Ice Age is a story of a woolly mammoth’s life and times in a pre-historic landscape that is dotted with fiery asteroids/meteors crashing on earth, sundry earthquakes posing massive problems and, while the characters are busy trying to save themselves from these natural calamities, they run into others in the form of dreaded dinosaurs and sundry other horrors – and yet they always triumph and you get up with a wide smile on your face at THE END. Except, with the series being so successful, there is no likelihood of a permanent end happening any time soon. Have we sold the idea to you? If not, check out here top 5 reason why you should go an watch this movie – Ice Age: Collision Course:
1. In this particular one the accident prone Scrat, as is his wont, activates an abandoned alien ship that sends him flying into space. However, Scrat is fixated on his acorn that he has been chasing for an entire lifetime if not more. He leads a charmed existence and always survives, but still, never gets to eat the ‘accursed’ acorn. However, this time Scrat’s efforts lead him to start a sequence of events that will destroy the earth. It is hilarious!
2. Our dear hero, Manny, however has more down-to-earth matters on his hands – impending marriage of Peaches with Julian and making preparations for it. Sid on the other hand is facing yet another rejection in life – he is dumped by his girlfriend. Action and adventure aplenty is on offer as asteroids strike the place they are in, but with ingenuity and some good fortune all of them escape from that particular nasty attack from the heavens.
3. Meanwhile, Buck the brave one-eyed weasel is as usual fighting off the dangerous Dromaeosaurs, but as he zooms across the landscape he comes acroos an ancient monument that reveals the secret of the impending doomsday. He alerts Manny and co. Teh disaster-in-the-making was all Scat’s doing of course. He had set some huge asteroids heading for the earth that will cause total extinction.
4. The solution lay in the monument itself – how to avoid the cataclysmic event. This of course calls for another epic journey that will leave viewers breathless till the very last moment. While this animation movie is directed at pre-tens and lower ages, the elders can do worse than watch it.
5. The visuals are spell-binding and the action fast paced and very few if any moments have been left vacant where you can draw a deep breath. It is more than captivating.