Samajwadi Party Chief Akhliesh Yadav and Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi addressed a joint press-conference in Uttar Pradesh’s captial Lucknow on Saturday morning ahead of the assembly elections 2017. As expected, their main target was Prime Minister Narendra Modi and both the leaders left no chance to take a jibe at him.
Here are the top 5 statements from the press conference:
1. “Anyone’s ‘janmpatri’ is just a click away in this age of Internet” – Akhilesh Yadav
Hitting back on Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his statment where he warned Congress to hold back and said that he had a detailed dossier on them, UP CM Akhilesh Yadav said that anyone’s ‘horoscope’ is just a click away in this age of Internet.
2. “Modiji likes peeking in other people’s bathroom” – Rahul Gandhi
Rahul Gandhi also didn’t hold himself back from commenting on the ‘horoscope statement’ and said that he can understand that Indian Prime Minister likes to read horoscopes, search on Google and peek into others’ bathrooms.
You may also want to watch:
3. “Ye chunav hai, emotional hone ki zaroorat nahi hai; kum se kum gussa hona chahiye” – Akhilesh Yadav
When asked about Modi and BJP’s aggresive approach, Akhilesh Yadav said that he can totally understand why BJP is so angry. He said that it shows that they are losing this contest and have no other option left.
4. “BJP 2 yuvaon se darr rahe hain ki naye soch k log aa gaye” – Akhilesh Yadav
The Samajvadi Party Chief said that BJP is scared of him and Rahul Gandhi because BJP has been promising a lot but have failed to deliver it.
5. “In the past 2.5 years, PM Narendra Modi has failed. DeMonetisation, surgical strikes are avoidance tactics” – Rahul Gandhi
Congress Vice-President said that PM Modi introduced the demonetisation policy and also created the buzz around surgical strikes to hide his failure as the leader of the country.