Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday addressed media for the very first time after becoming the Congress president-elect. Gandhi, who looked confident in the conference, was asked some tough questions related to Gujarat Election 2017 . During the interaction, a scribe pointed out that Congress had fought elections on the similar issues in 2012 and 2007 as well, so why the he thinks the party will be taken seriously this time. Rahul Gandhi that the one who maintains his narrative wins elections. He added that ruling BJP in the state can’t come to a common narrative. “As I said, Modi is speaking about himself, he is trying to deviate people’s attention. He has not even used the term corruption in his election rallies,” Gandhi told reporters. In other interesting comments, Gandhi said Narendra Modi and Vijay Rupani governments have carried out only ‘one-sided’ development in Gujarat.
Here are some top highlights of Rahul Gandhi press conference:
– On Neech remarks row: I have made it clear that I will not tolerate such things, Modi ji is after all the Prime Minister of India, though what all Modi ji said about Dr Manmohan Singh is also not acceptable.
– On Modi’s seaplane: There’s nothing wrong if Modi ji wants to fly in a seaplane, it’s good, but this is a distraction, the real question is what they done for the public in last 22 years.
– ‘Undercurrent’ in Gujarat: People of Gujarat are very intelligent, they can see that PM Modi is not talking about corruption or farmers in his rallies. There is a massive undercurrent, I am actually little surprised, I had expected BJP to fight with more strength
– On visit to temple: Wherever I get a chance I visit temples, I also went to Kedarnath, is it in Gujarat? (Jahan mauka milta hai vahan mandir jaata hoon, Kedarnath bhi gaya tha, vo kya Gujarat mein hai?)
– Whatever decision we will make about Gujarat, it will only be done after talking to the people of Gujarat, after listening to their voices. No decision will be taken unilaterally
– On temple visits: Whenever I went to a temple I just prayed for a ‘Sunehra Bhavishya’ for the people of Gujarat, a better development here. Is it wrong to go to a temple?
– One-sided development: In last 22 years Modi Ji and Rupani ji have initiated only one-sided development here, the one only for 5-10 people. Not everyone has been given their rights.