Gujarat election 2017: PM Narendra Modi on Wednesday slammed Congress and its leader Kapil Sibal for linking the ongoing Babri Masjid-Ram Mandir case to elections. Addressing a rally in poll-bound Gujarat, Modi said Congress is least bothered about the nation. “Now, Congress links Ram Mandir with elections. They are least bothered about the nation,” Modi said. The prime minister questioned Congress MP Kapil Sibal, who is one of the lawyers in the case, for seeking to postpone the hearing till 2019. He also blasted Congress for doing ‘gross injustice’ to Sardar Patel and Baba Saheb Ambedkar.
Here are the highlights of PM Narendra Modi’s speech in Dhandhuka:
– Now, Congress links Ram Mandir with elections. They are least bothered about the nation
– Yesterday in the SC, a Congress MP Kapil Sibal was arguing (which is his right) for the Babri Masjid. He is entitled to do that but is it right for him to say postpone hearing till 2019? Why does he have to link a Ram Mandir with elections. Is such thinking proper
– I am clear that on Triple Talaq I will not be silent. Everything is not about elections. This issue is for the rights of women…elections come later humanity comes first
– When the Triple Talaq matter was in SC, the Government had to put their affidavit, newspapers commented that Modi will remain silent because of UP polls. People told me not to speak on the matter else there will be losses in elections
– PM talks about the Babri Masjid, Ram Temple On 25th Babri masjid demolition anniversary
– When Pandit Nehru’s influence on the Congress was complete, the Congress ensured that Dr. Ambedkar found it tough to join the Constituent Assembly.
– PM Narendra Modi says BJP didn’t bother about vote bank and worked for abolishing Triple Talaq
– BJP efforts ensured that youngsters in Gujarat got access to technology and there are more educational institutions to study. Our aim is to make our youth self-reliant
– There are some words that the youth of Gujarat do not even know. One such word is curfew. Law and order situation has improved tremendously under the BJP governments over the last two decades
– BJP in Gujarat has ended the ‘Tanker Raj.’ Tanker business was firmly in the hands of Congress leaders and their families: PM
– Congress did not think of conferring the Bharat Ratna on Dr. Ambedkar: PM
– When Pandit Nehru’s influence on the Congress was complete, the Congress ensured that Dr. Ambedkar found it tough to join the Constituent Assembly: PM
– One family has done greatest injustice to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and Sardar Patel
– The thought of India having a Central Bank, the RBI, was the vision of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
– Babasaheb Ambedkar was passionate about ensuring proper irrigation facilities to every part of India
– Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was passionate about ensuring proper irrigation facilities to every part of India
– Today we remember the great Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. I paid tributes to him in Parliament this morning, before coming to Gujarat
– They say ave “che…. ave ache”..nothing will come: PM Narendra Modi on Congress election campaign punchline.