1. NEET 2017: Tamil Nadu government to go against Madras High Court order on medical admission

NEET 2017: Tamil Nadu government to go against Madras High Court order on medical admission

NEET 2017 medical admission: The Tamil Nadu government today decided to go against Madras High Court for rejecting the state's order of proving 85% reservation in MBBS and BDS to the students from the TN state board.

By: | New Delhi | Updated: July 14, 2017 7:27 PM
neet, neet 2017, tamil nadu, tamil nadu government, Madras High Court, Madras High Court order, mbbs, bds, medical admission, education news NEET 2017: As per the government’s decision 85 per cent of MBBS and BDS seats would be reserved for students from Tamil Nadu board and the rest 15% for students from the CBSE and other board. (Website)

NEET 2017 medical admission: The Tamil Nadu government today decided to go against Madras High Court for rejecting the state’s order of proving 85% reservation in Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) to the students from the TN state board. As per the government’s decision 85 per cent of MBBS and BDS seats would be reserved for students from Tamil Nadu board and the rest 15% for students from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and other board. Health and Family Welfare Minister C Vijayabaskar, according to a PTI report said that the government was committed to its “policy decision.” He added, “A single judge has issued the order (quashing the GO). We will immediately appeal before a (division) bench of the high court.”

Earlier in the day, the Madras High Court rejected Tamil Nadu governments order for the reservation to the students of the TN state board. On June 22, some CBSE students challenged the state government order via a petition after which Justice K Ravichndrababu called the reservation bad in law and also that it violated Article 14 of the Constitution, according to which everyone is equal before the law. Justice Ravichndrababu further said that the reservation indirectly meddled with objective and process behind the National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test (NEET) and compromised on merits of selection. After rejecting the state government’s order, Justice K Ravichndrababu ordered the NEET authorities to prepare fresh merit list and conduct the counselling for admissions accordingly.

As per the earlier schedule, the merit list for medical courses was to be published today and the counselling to start on July 17. However, the new will now be formed after which the counselling will take place.

  1. R
    RENGANATH S
    Jul 14, 2017 at 6:52 pm
    We are awaiting for the Tamilnadu MBBS/BDS merit list. please make it fast sir..
    Reply

Go to Top