Kerala NEET 2017: The registration for spot admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is all set start from today and will close tomorrow. All the interested and eligible candidates will be able to fill up the vacant MBBS and BDS seats today and tomorrow, that is on August 30 and August 31. According to NDTV, A total of 65 seats have been reserved for such candidates in various colleges across the state. The allotment to these seats will take place in the Spot Admission which will be held at Old Auditorium, Government Medical College Campus, Thiruvananthapuram, reported NDTV.
The registration for all the candidates was available on the official website only till 5 PM yesterday by the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. Applicants need to carry the ‘Spot Admission Slip’ that was alloted to the candidates at the time of registration along with other original documents to prove educational qualifications like Transfer Certificate, documents to prove minority community status and the required documents to prove NRI claims for spot admission on the designated venue.
As per the report by NDTV, on August 30, 2017, for 1 to 4000 Kerala State Medical Rank holders, the reporting time is 9 am. While for the rank holders from 4001 to 8000, the reporting time is 2 pm. On August 31, 2017, students holding the rank between 8001 to 25600 will have to report at 9 am and rank holders from 25600 and above have to report at 2 pm.
Here are the guidelines that need to be followed by the candidates mentioned in the report-
1. Transfer between two Private Self Financing Colleges shall not be permitted for the same course and for the same fee structure during Spot Admission.
2. Students admitted in a Government College for a course shall not be eligible to attend Spot Admission to another Government College for the same course.
3. Transfer from NRI seat to Government/Minority seat shall be permitted between two Self Financing colleges or in the same college, even if it is for the same course.
4. A candidate admitted in a Government Controlled Self Financing Medical college is allowed to participate in Spot Admission for a Government College or a Private Self Financing College for any course.
5. If seats are left vacant under NRI open quota in non-minority colleges, the same will be converted to State Merit Quota Seats.
6. Transfer from NRI seat to Government/Minority seat shall be permitted between two Self Financing colleges or in the same college, even if it is for the same course.
7. If seats are left vacant under NRI minority community quota, the same will be converted to NRI open merit quota. If seats become still remains available, it will be converted to management minority quota seats. If the seats still remain vacant, the same will be converted to State Merit Quota.