1. Income tax returns: Here’s why you must link PAN with Aadhaar

Income tax returns: Here’s why you must link PAN with Aadhaar

You have to link PAN with Aadhaar even if you are not liable to pay tax or file income tax returns.

By: | New Delhi | Published: May 15, 2017 3:14 AM
Aadhar

If my total income is below Rs 2.5 lakh a year, do I still have to link my PAN card with Aadhaar card?

– Mukuntharajan A.V

Assuming your total taxable income for FY 2016-17 is below Rs 2.5 lakh, as per the income tax provisions it is not mandatory for you to file return of income. But as per the announcements made by the ministry of finance, every person who has been allotted PAN as on July 1, 2017 and who is eligible to obtain Aadhaar number shall link the Aadhaar number with the PAN, failing which the PAN would become invalid from the date which would be notified by the government.
l My name in my Aadhaar card is Asokakumar and in PAN card it is Asokakumar Kavunkal. My date of birth in Aadhaar is 16.11.1954 and in PAN it is wrongly given as 16.11.1956. Please advise me how I can correct details of the PAN card.

– Asokakumar Kavunkal

You may also like to watch this video

Correction of name and DOB in the PAN card can be made through an online application form which is available on the NSDL website. Here is the direct link (https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html) to understand the process of correction of data in your PAN card. Once the online form is submitted, a signed copy of the acknowledgement along with photograph and proof of existing PAN, proof of identity, address and date of birth is to be sent to NSDL at ‘NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016’ for further processing. Alternatively, one can file the PAN correction form along with the necessary documents at PAN card centre.

The writer is tax partner & India Mobility Leader, EY India.

Send your queries to fepersonalfinance@expressindia.com

1. Upender
    Aug 9, 2017 at 4:55 pm
    Pan cards aadhar card links
      Deepak Kumar
      Jul 6, 2017 at 2:47 pm
      Hi! I am working in gulf. Have I need to link pan with aadhar?
        Prasanta choudhuri
                        Pritam nikam
                        Jun 29, 2017 at 8:17 pm
                        Good
                        1. U
                          upendra Kumar malviya
                          Jun 22, 2017 at 8:22 pm
                          I want to link my pan card with adhar card
                          1. U
                            upendra Kumar malviya
                            Jun 22, 2017 at 8:21 pm
                            Pan card and adhar card link
                            1. Trilochan Singh Chadha
                              May 15, 2017 at 2:57 pm
                              dear sir my son aadhar had wrong dob which was corrected on 15april 2017 as now in spite of all features same on both pan aadhar they are not linking would you take this issue with Higher authorities as both IT and uidai are passing buck to each other
                                Dilkumar bhardwaj
                                May 15, 2017 at 1:23 pm
                                Mere adhar pan card se link karna hai kaise hoga bataye...
                                  Swarn gupta
                                  May 15, 2017 at 12:29 pm
                                  MY PAN ABMPG6767H D/O/B 17/03/1955 NAME SWARN GUPTA D/O AMAR NATH ADDRESS KUMAR JEWELLERS PATIALA STREET DHURI -148024
                                    S KRISHNAN
                                    May 15, 2017 at 8:52 am
                                    i have already linked my PAN With/To My Aadhaar Card and got confirmation on the screen ; i would like to know whether my PAN Card Details / Data would have been corrected automatically strictly as per My Aadhaar Details / Card , O R the P A N Card / Data will; have my full detailed name and not short as in my Aadhaar ???
                                    1. Makrand Sanap
                                      May 17, 2017 at 2:39 pm
                                      None details from you either cards will change. your cards are just linked as per minimum qualified details available on both cards. That's it.
                                      DrDavid
                                      May 15, 2017 at 8:13 am
                                      Do you want to buy a Kidney or you want to sell your kidney? Are you seeking for an opportunity to sell your kidney for money due to financial break down and you don’t know what to do, then contact us today and we shall offer you good amount for your Kidney. My name is Doctor.David, Our Hospital is specialized in Kidney Surgery and we also deal with buying and transplantation of kidneys with a living an corresponding donor. We are located in Indian, Turkey, Nigeria, USA, Spain. If you are interested in sel or buying kidney’s please don’t hesitate to contact us via email (zoomsame1 @gmail ) 917760518516 Whatapp; 917760518516