The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today made miscellaneous announcements. These included bilateral deals between India and other countries while equally significant approvals for Indian economy and education sector.
Here are the major five announcements that will definitely add to India’s scenario are :
- The signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Russia on expansion of Bilateral Trade and Economic Cooperation was also approved. While with Hungary, India will be signing treaty on water management. These memorandums will not only empower India’s relations with these nations but also strengthen Indian economy.
2. The other important decisions taken by the CCEA includes building new link between Sahibganj bypass in Jharkhand to Manihari bypass in Bihar including 4-lane bridge on Ganga.
3. The committee also approved mechanism for revision of ethanol price for supply to Oil Marketing Companies to carry out Ethanol Blended Petrol Program.
4. One of the major announcement made during the Cabinet meet was a resolution to establish a new IIM (Indian Institute of Management) at Jammu. The move will see huge applause from the student strata of Jammu & Kashmir.
5. Focusing on internal infrastructure and development, the Committee approved redevelopment of many residential colonies in the capital. These include West Ansari Nagar and Ayur Vigyan Nagar campuses of AIIMS area.