Ahead of Budget 2016 presentation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi puts in perspective where the Indian economy stands and what the NDA government’s policies have achieved. The budget session of Parlaiment starts on February 23 – it stretches over a three-month-long period. Here we take a look at top 5 points in PM Narendra Modi speech:
1. Narendra Modi: When most of the world powers are in doldrums, everyone is looking up to us who are developing at the fastest pace. India is the fastest growing among the larger economies.
2. Narendra Modi: India is the only economy which has not been affected by the global economic crisis that has hit the world. Everyone is saying this… the World Bank, the IMF… The world is going through an economic crisis, but it is India alone that is progressing at a rapid pace. This is a unique situation when the whole world is slipping and India is growing.
3. Narendra Modi: The government’s focus is on how to convert the power of the youth which can used for development of the nation. Therefore, we not only launched a skill development programme for the youth but also created a new ministry, with its own budget and a set of officers to take the programme forward.
4. Narendra Modi: Centre’s policies and programmes, such as Skill India, Start up India, Stand up India, Digital India and Mudra scheme of loans, have contributed immensely to the development of the country. For the youngsters, we initiated start up India, Stand up India campaign. So that if someone has an innovative idea, he can take a loan under Mudra scheme and set up his own business. Our people from backward classes, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe are among those who benefitted the most from these government schemes.
5. Narendra Modi: We have already disbursed over Rs 1 lakh crore under Mudra scheme (micro-finance initiative under which loans are provided to SMEs without bank guarantee) and over two crore families have been benefitted from it.