The Indian Express Group
- Tuesday 15 Jul '14By inserting Sec 133C, tax officials will be able to collect information from taxpayers...
- Saturday 12 Jul '14FM Arun Jaitley in his Budget speech announced FDI cap in insurance would be increased to 49%.
- Saturday 12 Jul '14Even with higher expenditure, global factors favour us, says Mayaram.
- Friday 04 Jul '14The Union Budget next week is expected to announce the long-pending minimum monthly pension.
- Wednesday 02 Jul '14Findings part of National Sample Survey Organisation’s report on household consumption...
- Wednesday 02 Jul '14'Most of the villages and towns will be covered with skilling projects'
- Saturday 28 Jun '14At Labour conference, Meghalaya minister hints at need for interpreters.
- Saturday 21 Jun '14Moving of financial powers out of Plan Panel marks biggest change in Indian fiscal space in decades.
- Saturday 21 Jun '14Friday's passenger fare hike is the steepest in the past 15 years.
- Thursday 19 Jun '14Stake sales in public sector units will continue to be a key focus area for the NDA government.
- Tuesday 17 Jun '14NDA government plans to prohibit employment of children less than 14 years of age
- Monday 16 Jun '14NDA govt has begun a fresh review of labour laws that have remained unchanged since Independence.
- Saturday 14 Jun '14As many as 9 state govts will now monitor progress of infra projects worth Rs 100 crore and more.
- Friday 13 Jun '14Cabinet Secretariat has issued fresh guidelines for preparation of Cabinet notes.
- Friday 13 Jun '14EPFO has asked its field formations to examine how many of Sahara firms are depositing PF dues.
- Wednesday 11 Jun '14Govt is unlikely to move ahead with liberalisation of the insurance sector.
- Saturday 07 Jun '14Despite significant reduction in CAD, gold import curbs are unlikely to be fully removed this Budget.
- Friday 06 Jun '14At present, 97 per cent of 15 crore consumers fall under the 12-cylinder cap.
- Thursday 05 Jun '14The move comes after the CAG pulled up the EPFO for delay in recovery of arrears and dues.
- Tuesday 03 Jun '14FinMin is left with few sources of revenue generation to support spending expansion
- Monday 02 Jun '14Economic survey will revert to the format used in the year 2008-09, discarding recent changes.
- Friday 30 May '14Finance minister Arun Jaitley will meet state FMs next month to give a push to pending GST regime.
- Thursday 29 May '14Finance ministry has begun a thorough review of the fiscal deficit target for FY15 and the fiscal consolidation plan as part of the Budget making exercise.
- Wednesday 28 May '14Sarbananda Sonowal has been appointed minister of state for skill development and entrepreneurship.
- Saturday 24 May '14New PM Narendra Modi to hit the ground running with his own SOP.