The Indian Express Group
Ishi Khosla -
- Saturday 28 Jun '14Honey is more than just a natural sweetener; it is known to have medicinal properties.
- Saturday 21 Jun '14College offers many temptations. Students are usually on their own, free to eat what they want, when they want.
- Saturday 21 Jun '14When we think of food insecurity, we think of households less able to cope with poverty and hunger.
- Saturday 14 Jun '14Most of us do not stop eating even when we are full. Here are some tips to help keep you from doing so.
- Saturday 14 Jun '14It is estimated that 95 per cent of all those who lost weight through a diet put it back on.
- Saturday 31 May '14Soaring summer temperature brings with it an exponential surge in the availability and intake of sugar-laden beverages.
- Saturday 10 May '14Bone broth promotes strength and nourishes, specially in times of sickness, injury, rehabilitation.
- Saturday 03 May '14Red meat has acquired a negative reputation. Whether this is warranted, needs to be explored.
- Saturday 26 Apr '14Kale lowers risk of cancers, especially hormone-related varieties such as breast and prostate cancers.
- Saturday 19 Apr '14Most of us would decline if offered food right after a meal. Yet if something tempting is brought in, we would reach out for it.
- Saturday 29 Mar '14Pseudo cereals such as buckwheat, quinoa and amaranth have higher percentage of protein.
- Saturday 22 Mar '14Omega-3 fatty acids have been found to be deficient in our diet, thanks to changing food habits and increased dependence on processed foods.
- Saturday 15 Mar '14The key to a good salad is at least three primary colours and simplicity in flavour.
- Saturday 08 Mar '14At exam time, diet make a huge difference on how children and parents deal with the stress.
- Saturday 08 Mar '14Exams are on and it is not just children who are under stress.
- Saturday 01 Mar '14Saturated fats, which are found in butter, ghee, coconut and palm oil, have been in the line of fire for more than three decades.
- Saturday 08 Feb '14In US, there are claims you can make your children more intelligent by customising their diet.
- Monday 27 Jan '14The juice from pulp pressed apples is called apple juice or sweet apple cider and refers to unfermented apple juice.
- Saturday 11 Jan '14Drinking copious amounts of water, juices, gorging on salads and laxatives, along with fasts is the new age mantra to get you in shape.
- Saturday 28 Dec '13There is an increasing awareness of the side effects of long term use of statins.
- Saturday 09 Nov '13Tea is believed to have been introduced to India around 500 AD by Prince Siddhartha, better known as Buddha.
- Saturday 02 Nov '13Most importantly, maintain a food diary and try to take some time out to exercise.
- Saturday 26 Oct '13For complete well-being, one should integrate physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Saturday 10 Aug '13Breastfeeding had been on a decline in Sweden during 1980s.
- Saturday 26 Jan '13It helps break down fats and carbohydrates to provide energy.