The Indian Express Group
- Tuesday 24 Jun '14DoPT asks FinMin to stick to the rules for LIC MD appointment.
- Saturday 21 Jun '14The issue of listing of LIC had come up during a meeting of financial sector chiefs with Jaitley last week.
- Monday 02 Jun '14RBI's monetary policy will be scrutinised by Narendra Modi govt much more closely than borrowers.
- Thursday 29 May '14Reserve Bank's push for forex chest lowers debt cost for the government.
- Saturday 24 May '14Banking sector will need a close look by new govt in the wake of ballooning bad loans and falling profits.
- Monday 05 May '14Like RBI, most of the top banks are also not happy about govt plan on selling insurance policies.
- Wednesday 30 Apr '14Group health insurance premium may see rise as Irda is cracking down on heavy discounts.
- Friday 25 Apr '14Out of 25 applications that included top industrial groups, only IDFC, Bandhan were selected by RBI.
- Monday 21 Apr '14India Inc's Q4 results have coincided with general elections and resulting rally on stock markets.
- Monday 14 Apr '14Raghuram Rajan's RBI had earlier recommended splitting the posts of chairman and MD in public sector banks.
- Wednesday 12 Mar '14Yashwant Sinha says RBI and Election Commission should wait till new govt takes charge.
- Monday 24 Feb '14RBI has been facing stiff opposition from public sector banks and the proposal is as good as stuck.
- Monday 17 Feb '14The regulator has proposed a maximum hike in the small car segment.
- Monday 03 Feb '14Sub-brokers are a threatened tribe as Authorised Persons (AP) flood Dalal Street
- Monday 27 Jan '14Without insurance cover, banks and FIs will be hesitant to take up financing big export deals.
- Wednesday 22 Jan '14To avoid panic, RBI said public has time to exchange the currencies for new notes before April 1.
- Monday 20 Jan '14Reinsurers are looking forward to enactment of the Insurance Bill.
- Monday 13 Jan '14Mor says if banks are willing then opening electronic bank account for all Aadhaar holders should not be a challenge.
- Thursday 09 Jan '14Banks have opposed the idea of becoming brokers for multiple players.
- Friday 27 Dec '13After RBI’s warning against the use of virtual currencies, many bitcoin traders suspend ops.
- Friday 06 Dec '13Vijay Mallya’s Kingfisher Airlines owes Rs 2,673 cr and Winsome Diamond Rs 2,660 crore.
- Monday 25 Nov '13General insurance companies worry as Irda's new norm doesn’t allow raising premium.
- Monday 28 Oct '13The auto industry had witnessed a surge in sales in the last two years.
- Saturday 19 Oct '13General Insurance Corp of India has been planning to become a member of Lloyd’s market.
- Monday 14 Oct '13If shop-till-you-drop is what festivals entail for you, get ready to spend hard cash this time.