Avishek G Dastidar
The Indian Express Group
Avishek G Dastidar-
- Monday 21 Jul '14Realising that PPP has failed in the past, the Railways is now willing to talk money.
- Thursday 17 Jul '14Beyond his govt's rail budget, Modi has suggested 24 steps for action plan to transform railways.
- Wednesday 16 Jul '14Of 2,400 such train stoppages, 1,250 have been listed as commercially 'unwanted & unaffordable'.
- Wednesday 09 Jul '14NDA puts brakes on populism, gives green light to public-private partnership.
- Tuesday 08 Jul '14Live-tweeting is one of the many firsts about Sadananda Gowda’s maiden Rail Budget.
- Saturday 05 Jul '14Railways wants doors to open for investments in projects like proposed bullet train corridors.
- Monday 30 Jun '14Diesel has become the source of major worries for Railways, which raised fares by 4.5 pct this week.
- Tuesday 24 Jun '14‘The decision to not spell out the hike was a political one. Budget documents had all the calculations’ Arunendra Kumar, Chairman, Railway Board.
- Tuesday 24 Jun '14Political pressure is mounting on rolling back rail are hike, especially for Mumbai local trains.
- Monday 23 Jun '14Crime in railways has now touched a new high across India.
- Saturday 21 Jun '14Surplus not possible without rail fare and freight hikes, says Indian Railways.
- Saturday 21 Jun '14UPA took decision on price hike as part of interim rail budget, says Rail minister Sadananda Gowda.
- Friday 13 Jun '14For Railways, speed has little part to play in gaining access to 'semi-high speed' club.
- Friday 30 May '14AT a time when Railways is in its worst financial mess ever, ministers from previous regime doled out handsome amounts as cash awards from official coffers to their personal staff.
- Monday 24 Feb '14With the Congress keeping the question of an alliance hanging, Ram Vilas Paswan’s LJP has given signals of exploring a tie-up with the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Monday 24 Feb '14New-found admirer Anna Hazare beside her, Mamata Banerjee is all set to launch a 'Mamata for India' campaign
- Wednesday 12 Feb '14Mallikarjun Kharge will present the interim Railway Budget, the last by UPA II govt, today.
- Monday 02 Dec '13The quality of on-train service has been a major concern for the railways.
- Monday 18 Nov '13The only catch is that there will be ads in between, which will be the source of revenue for service provider.
- Tuesday 05 Nov '13The Udhampur-Katra rail line will connect Kashmir directly with the rest of the country.
- Monday 28 Oct '13In the past one week, two catering vendors have been fined Rs 1 lakh each based on complaints.
- Saturday 26 Oct '13A total 285 railwaymen were killed in accidents in 2012.
- Monday 23 Sep '13While the earlier plan was to produce 10 such coaches and fit each of them in a Shatabdi Express.
- Friday 20 Sep '13The letter seeks to abolish this classification once and for all.
- Wednesday 26 Jun '13Manmohan Singh strongly reaffirms govt's commitment to Kashmir's development.