The Indian Express Group
- Tuesday 18 Feb '14P. Chidambaram has managed to show the fiscal deficit for FY14 at 4.6% against the targeted 4.8%.
- Friday 14 Feb '14Dept’s own estimate a mere Rs 20,000 crore
- Wednesday 12 Feb '14The 10% disinvestment in Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) through a block deal to ONGC and Oil India could be delayed over a pricing tussle.
- Wednesday 12 Feb '14Scales down expectations to under Rs 13k crore, but looks at other options
- Thursday 30 Jan '14Lenders to ratify recast plan for these states before Feb 15
- Wednesday 29 Jan '14Banks are likely to push for a say in power tariff decisions of states that have signed...
- Saturday 18 Jan '14With the CCI clearance, work has begun at some of the sites
- Friday 17 Jan '14The ETF is set to be launched in late-February or early-March, said sources.
- Monday 13 Jan '14Analysts like those at Crisil believe that the impact of the investments unclogged by the Cabinet Committee
- Monday 30 Dec '13Financial restructuring will boost this effort
- Saturday 28 Dec '13Centre could be as aggressive as last year in slashing expenditure this fiscal with estimates suggesting a Rs 90,000-crore shortfall in revenue receipts.
- Thursday 26 Dec '139,000 applications for amnesty was received by service tax department till December 5
- Thursday 12 Dec '13'I think everybody will agree that just moving around the numbers to make your reported deficit'
- Wednesday 11 Dec '13* Six out of 27 banks in consortium raise concerns over additional infusion of R159 crore
- Monday 09 Dec '13The Centre is struggling to meet the FY14 fiscal deficit target of 4.8% of the GDP
- Saturday 07 Dec '13Unspent balances continue to be very high for the Centre's flagship social development schemes
- Wednesday 04 Dec '13The finance ministry is likely to see a rejig in the senior bureaucracy soon even as the UPA government is on its last leg and elections are around the corner.
- Thursday 28 Nov '13Government bound by decision not to cross the 'red-line' of 4.8% fiscal deficit.
- Friday 15 Nov '13A fifth of all loans that have been recast, via CDR cell could turn into non-performing assets.
- Wednesday 13 Nov '13In our third and final part of the series on the finance ministry's strategy for subsidies this fiscal, we delve on petroleum product subsidies
- Monday 04 Nov '13More than Rs 1 lakh cr worth of loan recast proposals could hit corporate debt restructuring cell this year.
- Saturday 02 Nov '13Bombay Rayon has repaid a third of its Rs 100-crore debt to the Central Bank of India.
- Friday 01 Nov '13A consortium of 23 banks has approved a R3,896-crore corporate debt restructuring package of highway developer Soma Enterprises
- Thursday 31 Oct '13Bank has R50k cr excess cash; rivals say undercutting by 150 bps.
- Thursday 31 Oct '13The Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) proposal on credit enhancements to corporate bonds will help corporate borrowers get easier and cheaper access to the bond market, bankers said.