With an average monthly sales of over 4,600, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is already one of the best-selling cars in its league. And to further increase its sales, the company has now introduced a sportier version of the mid-sized sedan - the Maruti Ciaz RS - based on the top-of-the-line Z+ trim. Since it's just a new variant in the lineup, it receives no mechanical changes. It continues to feature the same 1.3-litre DDiS 200 diesel (88.5bhp, 200Nm ) and 1.4-litre VVT petrol (91bhp, 130Nm) that power the regular trims.
1. The Maruti Ciaz RS has been made available in both petrol and diesel versions. While the petrol engine-powered Ciaz RS is priced at Rs 9.20 lakh, the Ciaz RS diesel can be bought for Rs 10.28 lakh. Both the prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
2. Features that make the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz RS look different from the regular Z+ trim are - grey-chrome finished instrument panel and a spoiler pack that includes front under spoiler, side under spoiler, trunk lid spoiler, and rear underbody spoiler.
3. Along with increasing the visual appeal of the car, the new exterior Kit also helps better its aerodynamics, says the company.
4. As mentioned earlier, the Maruti Ciaz RS is based on the existing Z+ trim and shares all its features and engine lineup with the latter. Some of those key features are project head-lights, alloys, electrically adjustable wing mirrors with turn indicators, blackened B-pillar, leather seats, etc.
5. Just like other variants, the Ciaz RS is also available with a choice of six colour options - Pearl Snow White, Metallic Silky Silver, Pearl Midnight Black, Pearl Metallic Dignity Brown, Metallic Glistening Gray, Metallic Clear Beige, and Peal Sangria Red.
Weirdest & stupid drivers/riders in India: Helmet to protect elbow, love with steering wheel & more
Upcoming powerful and exciting motorcycles under Rs 3 lakh launching in 2018
Modified Bajaj Pulsar bikes: Kawasaki H2, Bobber and more unbelievable replicas!
Superbikes and premium cruisers launching in 2018: Royal Enfield 650 twins, Benelli Imperiale 400, Indian Roadmaster Elite & more