Toyota's new-generation Fortuner will come in early 2017.
Toyota India that hasn't brought any all-new product for quite a long time, is planning to unveil the new-generation models of the Innova and Fortuner in the next two years. While the all-new Toyota Innova (2016) will be unveiled at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo followed by its launch in the second half of the same year, the new-generation Fortuner will come in early 2017.
Here are 5 things that you should know about the new-generation Toyota Fortuner (2016) -
1. The all-new Toyota Fortuner is based on Toyota new-generation architecture (TNGA) which is the same platform that underpins the new Innova. This platform is claimed to be lighter yet stiffer than the one underpinning the current-gen Fortuner. It will also improve its handling and ride quality.
2. The new Toyota Fortuner (2016) gets an all-new design with features such as projector headlamps with LED elements, a new twin-slat grille, chrome-surrounded fog lamps and an new bumper with integrated reflectors. The new-gen model's rear profile too looks sportier than that of the current model with features such as new tail-lamp cluster with LED treatment, new bumper, wrap-around windscreen, etc. The vehicle also gets a new set of 18-inch alloy wheels, though the entry-level variants feature 17-inch steel wheels.
3. The new-generation Toyota Fortuner will be bigger than the current model measuring 4,795mm in length, 1,855mm in width, 1,835mm in height and 2,745mm in wheelbase. The new model also offers 5mm more ground clearance than before at 225mm.
4. The India-bound new Toyota Fortuner (2016) is likely to be offered with a new 2.4-litre and a 2.8-litre GD series diesel engines, supported by VGT (variable geometry turbochargers) and ESTEC (Economy with Superior Thermal Efficient Combustion). With a lighter platform and new set of engines, the new Fortuner will be about 10 per cent more fuel-efficient than the current model.
5. Since the new Toyota Fortuner will be more upmarket than the current model with better quality materials and several new features, it is likely to be priced higher than now.