Virat Kohli, the Indian Test Cricket Team captain, has added another Audi to his fleet of luxury cars. And this time it's the German carmaker's flagship product - the Audi A8L W12 Quattro. Priced at a whooping Rs 1.87 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi), the W12 Quattro is the top-end trim in the Audi A8L lineup in the country. Joe King, Audi India head, handed over the keys of the A8L W12 Quattro to Virat Kohli.
1. With the new A8L, longer wheelbase version of the A8, Virat Kohli now posses a total of four Audi cars. Other three Audis owned by the right hand batsman are - R8, R8 LMX limited edition and Q7.
2. The Audi A8L W12 Quattro lineup comes in three engine options - a 3.0-litre V6 diesel, a 4.2-litre V8 diesel and a 6.3-litre W12 petrol. The one Virat Kohli bought is the range-topping A8L W12 Quattro that costs over Rs 2.10 crore on-road in Delhi.
3. Power for the Audi A8L W12 comes from a 6.3-litre engine that, mated to the S-tronic dual-clutch 8-speed automatic gearbox, churns out a maximum power output of 494bhp and 625Nm. Being a 'Quattro' version, the car comes with Audi's all-wheel drive (AWD) system.
4. Besides the automatic gearbox, the vehicle also gets paddle-shift behind the steering wheel that allows a driver to manually change gears with a flick.
5. The Audi A8L W12 Quattro version bought by Virat Kohli is the facelifted one, which was launched launch year. It comes with Audi's Matrix LED head-lamps and improved interior.
‘Tesla Semi’ electric truck in pictures: Every trucker’s wildest dream coming true
Mercedes-Benz S-Class inspires Emirates’ new first class suite and it looks unbelievably good!
12,300 cc, 5,000 HP! Meet Devel Sixteen, the hypercar born to give Bugatti and Hennessey nightmares
Top 6 motorcycle accessories for long distance touring