The long-awaited Maruti Vitara Brezza did finally break its cover on the day 1 of the Auto Expo 2016 - the Motor Show. Scheduled to be launched in the first half of this year, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will face competition from cars like Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Mahindra TUV300. The company also revealed its specifications at the biennial event. Here are 5 things that you should know about the Maruti Vitara Brezza sub-4 metre SUV. (Express photo)
1. Maruti Vitara Brezza shares its platform with the Swift and the Dzire, and thus all three cars share most of their components. The Brezza will be the company's first sub-compact SUV, and will be positioned below the S-Cross Crossover. (Express photo)
2. Maruti Vitara Brezza is the first Maruti Suzuki product that is conceptualised, engineered and developed completely in India. To be also exported to other markets as well, the Maruti Vitara Brezza has been developed within a span of three and half years by Maruti Suzuki India R&D team headed by CV Raman. (Express photo)
3. Unlike the last two launches from the company - Baleno and S-Cross, the Maruti Vitara Brezza will be retailed through regular Maruti Suzuki dealerships and not Nexa. With this product, Maruti Suzuki wants to target mass buyers and aims to sell around 10,000 units per month. (Express photo)
4. Maruti Vitara Brezza will be made available only in a diesel engine initially, though a petrol version too is under development which will come later on. The diesel engine powering the compact SUV is the same 1.3-litre DDiS 200 that also does duty on the Ciaz. This engine is good for 89bhp and 200Nm. The petrol engine, on the other hand, could feature a new 1.5-litre petrol mill. The petrol-engined model will be exported from India. (Express photo)
5. Expected to be priced between Rs 7 lakh - Rs 10 lakh, the Maruti Vitara Brezza will compete against other sub-4 metre SUVs in India including the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra TUV300 and Tata Nexon.
In pictures: Mercedes-AMG and Cigarette Racing’s Project ONE inspired 3100 hp speedboat
Modified Royal Enfield: This Classic 500 Bobber built by Chennai-based customiser hits all the right chords
Valentino Rossi’s Birthday: Looking at VR46s car collection on his 39th Birthday!
Biggest disappointments from Auto Expo 2018: Not just lesser brands but all that spoilt visitor experience