The much-awaited Nissan Kicks compact SUV is all set to make its global debut on May 3, 2016 at the Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games in Brazil. Prior its official unveiling, the vehicle’s production model has been revealed on the web. This compact SUV will be first launched in the South American markets, though the India launch is still not confirmed.
Here are 5 things you need to know about the Nissan Kicks compact SUV.
1. The Nissan Kicks is the official car for the Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games 2016 that will be held from 3rd May to 5th August in Rio de Janeiro State. It will escort the convoy across 300 cities and towns in Brazil during the entire event.
2. The Nissan Kicks concept was designed jointly by Nissan Design America (California), Nissan Design America Rio and Nissan’s Global Design Center in Japan. The production of Nissan Kicks will take place at the Resende Industrial Complex in Rio de Janerio State in Brazil.
3. The production version of Nissan’s new crossover looks quite sporty with features like Nissan’s V-shaped front grille, muscular bumpers, a high ground clearance and conventional SUV characters. This compact SUV will share its platform with the Nissan Sunny and Nissan Micra hatchback.
4. While the global version of Kicks measures 4,300m long, the India-bound model could be trimmed down to sub-four meters. This move might benefit the carmaker with lower excise duty, thus allow them to price it quite competitively,
5. For international markets, the Nissan Kicks will be offered with a 1.8-litre flex-fuel (petrol/ethanol) engine, produced at Nissan’s Resende-based Brazil plant. This powertrain could be paired to a CVT gearbox. Though, there is no clarity whether the India-bound model will come with the same powertrain or a different one.