There are various methods of increasing the fuel efficiency of a car. Some of them require heavy investments while others require changing a bit of your driving style. Here are some methods wherein what would be better for your car and what kind of driving style would be best suited for it.
- Always try and choose a Company-owned and Company operated fuel pump. The purity level of fuel on such pumps would be the best and it is a rare chance they would sell spurious fuel. A bad fuel leads to reduced fuel efficiency.
- Additives help in cleaning the injectors and other vital components while running. However, check for genuine additives. A proper additive would have a certification of a regulatory authority
- In addition to this, regular maintenance which includes changing the engine oil, coolant replacement, oil filter replacement and air filter replacement as a basic package. Other additions also include upkeep of tyres, timely replacement of clutch and pressure plates and other vital components. An ill-maintained vehicle will surely incur more daily running cost.
- Some driving methods also improve fuel efficiency. Always plan your speed. In case you are coming to a stop at a traffic light, stop accelrating and brake gradually. Hard braking and unneccessary acceleration would lead to a reduced fuel efficiency.
- While driving, keep your speed consistent. Too fast and you would end up consuming more fuel. Too slow and it would eventually lead to losing more time on the road
Using these methods brings out better fuel efficiency in your vehicle. There are some things like a traffic jam which is unavoidable, however, these are the best methods to bring out the best efficiency