In 2005, India had about 65 million TV homes of which about 40 million were already C&S connected. Responding to the rapid growth of television viewers, broadcast businesses of every stripe were accelerating launches in every genre.
Media measurement has been a part of the Indian media landscape for a really long time. All the way back to the 1930s in fact, when the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) was born.
Sam Balsara, a wise and thoughtful observer and commentator on the communications industry, speaking at the Subhas Ghosal Memorial Lecture a few weeks back…
You know that old saying, right? Pay peanuts and…? Well, content rights are a strange market where you might pay a king’s ransom and buy a mangy cur.
Yes, I know. You spotted the pop culture reference immediately. No wonder. You are the supremely desirable English Speaking Market.
- Union Budget 2018: Need to strengthen medical insurance coverage, says industry
- Rail Budget 2018 date, time: When is Railway budget? Who will present it in Parliament
- Budget 2018: Trump’s tax cut brings in $38 billion from Apple; could similar reform do wonders for India too?
- What is Budget? When is Union Budget 2018 speech, who will present Modi government’s budget 2018
- Budget 2018 income tax reduction: 6 ways in which FM Arun Jaitley can provide relief to taxpayers
- Budget 2018: Will rising fiscal deficit prompt Arun Jaitley to raise LTCG holding period in equities to 2 years?
- On Budget 2018 date of February 1, these top 5 concerns of common man may be addressed by Modi government
- Budget 2018 Q&A: Arun Jaitley may relax income tax slabs, says Asif Iqbal, Escorts Securities
- Budget 2018: Arun Jaitley holds meet with state ministers-What all they discussed?