In a stalemate familiar to Nagaland politics, a former chief minister has staked claim to form the government, while the incumbent has refused to resign.
Ajit Jogi: On leaving Congress, beating Raman Singh to return of Nehruvian era, 5 things former Chhatisgarh CM said
Long-time Congressman and former Chhatisgarh CM Ajit Jogi has agin pulled teh spotlight back on himself and this time for saying he is leaving the grand old party and moving on.
Tired of waiting for officials to make a path through a hill, tribals in Chhattisgarh’s Dhamtari district carve out one for themselves
In Pipantola, for instance, the “chhoti nadi” that sustains life is a stagnant pool of water, coated white with a pungent odour. It is here that clothes and utensils are cleaned, baths taken, water consumed.
The gold is an intrinsic part of Sonakhan, the local economy, and even folklore. But now, for the first time, it has brought uncertainty.
Idea Exchange: Delhi air quality got worse over the last 10 years. But media never questioned it, says Prakash Javadekar
In this Idea Exchange moderated by Amitabh Sinha of The Indian Express, Union environment minister Prakash Javadekar sees an ‘agenda’ in calling Indian cities among worst polluted, defends Modi government’s stand on NGOs, questions Rahul Gandhi’s aggression, and asserts RSS does not interfere in government.
- Budget passed in Lok Sabha without discussion; Finance bill, Appropriation bill passed by voice vote
- Assam Budget proposes new schemes for women, education sector
- Assam Finance Minister to present first e-Budget tomorrow
- No fresh tax in Rs 41,440 cr Himachal budget for 2018-19
- Andhra Pradesh Budget 2018: YSR Congress to boycott session starting tomorrow
- Budget 2018: Opposition set to corner government in Parliament on financial scams
- Budget 2018: UPA’s and NDA’s starkly differing priorities
- Why universities need better budgetary support
- Budget 2018: Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s financial session to begin tomorrow