With the US triggering the dispute at WTO on export subsidies, policymakers should focus on strengthening the trade-related infra and investing in trade facilitation measures to boost the sector.
The decision is threatening to impart a shock to the global economy just when it is showing signs of full recovery.
Yet another WTO Ministerial Conference has ended with the 164 members of the organisation failing to agree on how to take the agenda of the organisation forward.
With a more market-determined yuan, the case for it being recognised as a reserve currency has become stronger
The export strategy needs to be coupled with strengthening of domestic production through Make-in-India
Ensure a broad-based exports growth momentum and focus on manufacturing’s competitiveness
- Budget passed in Lok Sabha without discussion; Finance bill, Appropriation bill passed by voice vote
- Assam Budget proposes new schemes for women, education sector
- Assam Finance Minister to present first e-Budget tomorrow
- No fresh tax in Rs 41,440 cr Himachal budget for 2018-19
- Andhra Pradesh Budget 2018: YSR Congress to boycott session starting tomorrow
- Budget 2018: Opposition set to corner government in Parliament on financial scams
- Budget 2018: UPA’s and NDA’s starkly differing priorities
- Why universities need better budgetary support
- Budget 2018: Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s financial session to begin tomorrow