The union's resolution follows last week's order by the Karnataka government prohibiting the lockout and referring the dispute for adjudication. The government's directive now allows the workers to enter the factory and work without giving any undertaking.
The 4,200-member strong union communicated its decision to the management soon after a general body meeting on Monday, said Satish R, general secretary of the union. The meeting also discussed the two other issues pertaining to wage negotiations and the suspension of 30 workers.
The government has referred the charter of demands to the industrial tribunal and we are ready to face this in the tribunal, said Satish. However, the union has indicated it is also open to discussions with the management on this issue, he added. The union also agreed to an enquiry against 30 workers suspended last month while reserving the option to legally challenge the outcome.