Venugopala Reddy has termed as a "lie" the allegation that he was carrying a knife inside the House and claimed that he was assaulted by 10 members.
Here are five points on TDP MP M Venugopala Reddy:
* Behind Venugopala Reddy's anti-Telangana protests may be the need to protect the business interests of Ramky Group, headed by his brother-in-law A Ayodhra Rama Reddy. Venugopala Reddy is a director and promoter of Ramky Group, which has invested in multi-crore real estate projects in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts, infrastructure and pharma companies.
* Ramky is one of the leading groups building luxury apartments and villas in the IT corridor, and has invested over Rs 1,000 crore in these projects.
* Ramky was named in the CBI chargesheet in the Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy disproportionate assets case for allegedly making a quid pro quo arrangement with then CM Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, who allotted 136 acres of land for Ramky Pharma SEZ in Vizag.
* Ramky has also invested thousands of crores in a real estate project called Discovery City, near Maheshwaram in Ranga Reddy. The company was touting the project as an integrated township designed to rival Lavasa.
* Sources said Ramky has projects adding up to over Rs 9,000 crore in the Telangana region.