It also asked the DoT to work out the price to be charged from these firms for continuing their services after cancellation of their licences as per its last year's February 2 order.
The licences were due for cancellation after the February 2 verdict on the grounds that the process of allocating the licences and 2G spectrum in 2008 was flawed.
The apex court had also directed DoT to hold fresh auction for them within four months, which has been extended by interim orders from time to time.
A bench comprising Justices G S Singhvi and K S Radhakrishnan, while posting the matter for hearing on February 4, said: We want to know what is the price. Just put it in a sealed envelope what is the amount to be paid (by the existing operators of 2G) after our order of February 2, 2012... The existing operators are allowed to continue operations till the next date of hearing, the bench further said.