Last week, a Cidco delegation had presented a revised tender document draft to aviation minister Ashok Gajpathy Raju, which he approved immediately. This is the second extension for the bids since June 18.
"Bidders had requested us to make certain changes in the existing tender document. Accordingly, we revised it and submitted it to the ministry for its approval, and was granted the same. Bidders have now a month's more time till September 2 to submit RFQs based on the revised tender," City and Industrial Development Corporation (Cidco) vice-chairman and managing director Sanjay Bhatia, told PTI.
The state-run agency had floated tenders for the over Rs 14,500-crore project in February and had fixed June 18 as the date of submission of RFQs. The deadline was, however, extended to July 30 as the bidders sought time to submit the tenders.
In February round of RFQs, leading companies like Zurich Airport, Ferrovial Aeropuertos, Tata Realty & Infrastructure, Mumbai International Airport, Srei Infra Finance, Samsung-C&T, IL&FS, GMR Group, Essel Infraprojects, Gensler of US, UK Trade & Investment, and Vinci Concessions India among other had submitted their bids. But with the Tatas having two airlines, Tata Realty is not eligible for bids.
"We have now extended the submission date to September 2. On receipt of the RFQs, we will finalise eligible candidates for the actual bidding for the project," Bhatia said.
The revised document has brought significant changes such as increasing the equity participation by foreign airlines to 26 per cent from the earlier 10 per cent in the private consortium that will execute the project, and Cidco ceding 74 per cent stake to the private consortium, retaining the remaining 26 percent among others.