At Rs 23,999 for the colour variants and Rs 25,999 for the wood finish variants, the Moto X is priced aggressively, matching prices in the US market, Flipkart said in a statement .
Similar to the Moto G partnership, Flipkart.com will be the exclusive outlet for the Moto X in India. The smartphone will be available for purchase on www.flipkart.com starting 12 noon on Wednesday (March 19).
Flipkart said the phone will be available from noon onMarch 19, but in limited numbers. This is a phased launch and once sold out, the next lot of the smartphone will be available on Flipkart in the first week of April.
This is a phased launch and once sold out, the next lot of the smartphone will be available on Flipkart in the first week of April.
The Moto X, running Android KitKat 4.4.2 OS, has captured public imagination for its ability to be controlled by voice commands. Moto X's customisation options are a also novel touch, which may appeal to fashionistas.
Motorola Mobility had earlier tied up with Flipkart to launch its budget smartphone Moto G in India. With a very competitive price of Rs 12,499, the phone was an instant hit in the country and was sold out within days.
Shut out of the Apple-Samsung battle, Motorola competes with other smaller players such as HTC, Nokia and BlackBerry.
Moto X specification:
* Display: 4.7" AMOLED (RGB)/HD 720p
Corning Gorilla Glass
* Operating system: Android 4.2.2, Jelly Bean
* Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB standard, 32 GB version available online.
* Rear-Facing Camera: 10MP CLEAR PIXEL (RGBC) - Quick Capture LED flash 1080p HD video (30 fps) 4X digital zoom Slow motion video Burst mode Auto HDR Panorama Tap to focus
* Front Facing Camera: 2MP 1080p HD video
* Battery type: 2200 mAh. Mixed usage up to 24 hours